• Open Daily: 10am - 10pm
    Alley-side Pickup: 10am - 7pm

    3038 Hennepin Ave Minneapolis, MN
    612-822-4611

Open Daily: 10am - 10pm | Alley-side Pickup: 10am - 7pm
3038 Hennepin Ave Minneapolis, MN
612-822-4611
Concord-Farragut

Concord-Farragut

Hardcover

Regional: South

Publisher Price: $31.99

ISBN10: 1531633862
ISBN13: 9781531633868
Publisher: Arcadia Lib Ed
Published: Mar 18 2009
Pages: 130
Weight: 0.91
Height: 0.38 Width: 6.69 Depth: 9.61
Language: English
In 1787, before Concord or Farragut existed, the area was known as Campbell's Station. The settlement grew rapidly, and by 1840, it was a thriving, self-sufficient community with many businesses. In the mid-1850s, the town of Concord was established two miles south of Campbell's Station along the newly installed railroad lines, drawing many businesses from Campbell's Station. Concord prospered, but Campbell's Station remained peaceful farmland. In 1902, Farragut High School was built in Campbell's Station. The school and the post office were the glue that held the west Knox County communities together. By 1944, nearly one-third of Concord was displaced by the impoundment of Fort Loudoun Lake. Soon Campbell's Station's sprawling farms became subdivisions, and Concord's businesses, churches, and even the post office were forced to relocate to Campbell's Station, leaving Concord a sleepy village. In 1980, a large area around the school but excluding Concord was incorporated as the town of Farragut.

Also in

Regional: South